I started my practice in 2017. Before that, I worked as a management and HR consultant till I felt I needed to change course. Returning to my old love for psychology, I took training as a therapist and coach both in England and the Netherlands. Every year I follow further training.
It is my intention to discover together what is going on and what you need. With an open mind, I ask questions to see what has happened and is happening to you. This concerns your thoughts and what events mean to you, and I help to allow yourself to feel your emotions. In consultation and with your consent I use methods such as EMDR to enhance your resilience and recovery process.
I am a mother of two grown-up children. In my spare time I like to do rowing and speed skating. Being outside, doing sports together with others, and enjoying the ‘flow’. In the winter season, I give a a couple of hours skating lessons every week at ice rink Haarlem.
Diplomas & certificates
- 2022-2023: Courses craniosacral therapy, at the Upledger Institute, de Bilt
- 2022: Hypnotherapy for children and young people, at The UK College of Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy, London
- 2019-2022: Periodic training Buteyko method, at Buteyko association BTN
- 2020: EMDR master practitioner, at BiVT
- 2018: Buteyko therapist training, at Buteyko Academy;
- 2018: Pain analysis and pain management, at Stichting ITON;
- 2018: Clinical hypnosis, at NVVH
- 2017-2018: Basic Psychosocial and Medical Knowledge, at CIVAS
- 2016: Cognitive-Behavioral Hypnotherapy, at The UK College of Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy, London
- 2008: Master of Business Administration (MScBA), University of Groningen
- 1991: Human Resources Management (MSc), Tilburg University
- 1987: Psychology (propaedeutic), Utrecht University